Hypercat Cycleworks is a Certified Green Business
The Importance of Being Green
At Hypercat Cycleworks we believe that is up to each one of us, in our local community, to do what we can to be stewards our of environment. We are very fortunate to live in an environmentally aware community that values and supports green initiatives. To align our personal values and our business practices we set the goal of earning the distinction of becoming a City of Ventura Certified Green Business! Below is Hypercat's Environmental Policy; the action steps that we are actively pursuing to honor and protect our environment.
A Green Mindset Starts At Home
Children are always watching. We are working hard to teach our kids about the importance of taking care of Mother Earth. While will strive to be a green business we also are helping our kids learn to be stewards of our environment. Each week we go out and walk our neighborhood with a wagon, empty paint bucket, grabbers and gloves. We pick up litter and discuss what it means to care about our environment. Those lessons continue when the kids visit Hypercat Cycleworks. They know to recycle, to choose products wisely and to mindful of conserving water. They are just as proud of our Green Business certification as we are!
Hypercat Cycleworks will strive to incorporate sustainability into our core business practices through internal and external efforts. Our goal is to adopt the following policies and practices:
- Conserve energy, water and natural resources
- Commit to purchasing, where possible, environmentally friendly products.
- Reduce, Reuse and Recycle.
- Promote environmental education, outreach and awareness.
Reduce, Reuse and Recycle
- Strive to increase waster diversion by recycling all paper, cardboard, wood, metals, bottles, plastics, packaging and cans.
- Discourage use of paper towels by using cloth towels.
- Reduce waste by donating reusable office items (appliances, electronic equipment, furniture) to charitable organizations.
- Reuse envelopes/paper product and packages. Purchase reusable products
- Turn off lighting and appliances in unoccupied rooms.
- Purchase & use low mercury fluorescent lighting and energy star appliances.
- Conserve water with use of low flow toilet in restroom.
- Choose green sealed janitorial cleaning products.
- Choose recycled content products, materials and supplies.
- Purchase No VOC paints, markets and air fresheners
- Recycle universal waster and prohibit purchasing hazardous wastes.
- Purchase re-manufactured and refillable toner cartridges
- Purchase office & toilet paper with as close to 100% recycled content as possible.
- Purchase products with the least packaging.
- Promote the use of refillable bottles, canvas bags and reusable containers.
- Purchase Energy Star rated appliances and office equipment.
- Promote bicycling to work.
- Participate in Bike to Work Week, Bike to Work Month.
- Participate in spare the air, climate smart and energy saving campaigns.
Hypercat is committed to upholding these standards. Our goal is continually adjust and expand our environmentally focused action steps as time marches forward. We encourage you to adopt green practices in your home, work, community and day to day activities. Reduce, Reuse and Recycle! Small steps combine to make large strides! Together we can all contribute to the preservation of the world we live in.
-The Casanta Family / Hypercat Cycleworks